Would you like to Minimize Your Tax Burden While Maximizing Your Opportunities for Excellent ROI?
Call Mount Bonnell Advisors Today for Expert Support with US Tax Law
If you’re a shrewd international entrepreneur, then you know that meticulous tax planning is vital for the success of your U.S. operations. Many businesses find that navigating the highly technical and complex field of U.S. Tax Law is a minefield, due to the wide range of tax rules and regulations in place in different areas of the country.
But don’t panic – Mount Bonnell Advisors work with expert attorneys to guide you through this complicated process, helping to ensure your business can minimize your tax burden while maximizing your potential for great return on investments. Read on to discover how we can help you.
On This Page
- Why A Tax Attorney?
- Tax Attorneys – The Smart Choice for International Entrepreneurs
- Expanding Your Business into the U.S.? Ensure you Don’t Fall Foul of Tax Regime Differences
- A Summary of Tax Practice Areas for the International Entrepreneur
- Frequently asked questions (FAQs) about taxes, company formaition, and residency in the U.S.
- Get advice on taxation, company formation, and residency in the U.S.
Some business operators are confused as to why they might need a Tax Attorney rather than (or in addition to) an accountant, as in the U.S. (as with many other jurisdictions) entrepreneurs hire both. While it’s true that accountants can help you crunch numbers, Tax Attorneys can handle certain aspects of tax planning that accountants can’t – and that isn’t necessarily just with regards to fighting tax law.
Tax Attorneys are lawyers that specialize in Tax Law and are the best choice for handling the complex, technical and legal issues that arise from your tax obligations. Tax attorneys can support you if you encounter a legal issue or other problem, but they are also highly useful to help you to prevent such problems arising in the first place.
For international entrepreneurs, this is especially pertinent if you’re looking to expand your business interests to the U.S. and need help navigating the complexities of international and U.S. tax law.
At MBA, we aim to support you in your tax needs, but we also understand what a specialized area tax law is. That’s why we’ve teamed up with highly regarded and experienced tax law attorneys who can assist our clients with complex tax matters that CPA’s (Certified Public Accountants) are unable to deal with.
The attorneys we work with have specialized knowledge of and skill in dealing with a broad range of tax issues such as:
- All aspects of federal, state and local taxation.
- Partnership, corporate, real estate and income taxation.
- Estate, gift and generation-skipping taxations.
- The formation of private foundations and other tax-exempt organizations.
They comprise a team that hold CPA’s (Certified Public Accountant), an MBA’s (Master in Business Administration) and/or an LL.M. Degree in Taxation.
Together, we can:
- Advise international entrepreneurs on all areas of U.S. tax law, as well as monitor legislative developments.
- Consult with clients with respect to the potential effect of pending legislation on their business and personal finances.
- Provide representation in tax controversies and litigation.
Many of our international clients don’t realize that some U.S. states offer far more attractive tax regimes than others. For example, did you know that Nevada’s corporate code and lack of a state income or gross tax receipts makes it one of the best jurisdictions in the U.S.?
The skilled tax attorneys we work with can help you to identify which states are the most business-friendly and how to take advantage of the more amenable business conditions these states offer.
MBA and the tax law attorneys we work with truly understand what it takes to work effectively with organizations and individuals who are seeking to get the most out of their tax burdens and find the best deals possible for their investments.
Clients we can help include:
- Publicly held and closely held corporations
- Limited liability companies
- Tax-exempt organizations
- Closely held and family businesses
- Private foundations
We work with attorneys who will offer you effective legal advice on a range of areas such as the implications of entity selection and the tax consequences of mergers, dispositions, acquisitions, real estate transactions, reorganizations, financing and compensation agreements.
They can also resolve state and federal tax controversies and litigation, and help clients to navigate through difficult issues such as insolvency and/or bankruptcy.
When it comes to the individual, they can advise you on the tax challenges associated with individual wealth, business succession planning, family wealth transfers, estate planning, asset protection, gifting initiatives and charitable giving trusts.
As we’ve discussed, tax planning and law in the U.S. are highly complex, technical and specialized. There is a vast array of areas and issues for the international entrepreneur to navigate, whether inside the U.S. or internationally.
Below are a summary is some of the key areas that the specialist attorneys we work with can help you to navigate:
- Selection of entities for foreign investment in the United States and foreign entity classification.
- How to structure the international operations of both domestic and international corporations, including intercompany pricing issues.
- All aspects of ownership and operation of U.S. real estate investments.
- Advice regarding U.S. residency status for U.S. income and estate tax purposes.
- Use of tax treaties and foreign tax credits to reduce overall worldwide effective tax rates.
- Support with corporate acquisitions, reorganizations, liquidations and financings in multi-jurisdiction transactions.
- Unitary taxation issues involving multinational corporations.
- We can offer you advice on issues such as reduction or avoidance of U.S. federal or state withholding and employment taxes on earned income
- Representing clients in criminal tax and civil investigations, extradition requests, Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty Requests, and tax amnesty applications.
- Tax controversy and litigation.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Taxes, Company Formation, and Residency in the U.S.
Starting a business in the U.S. can be both exhilarating and exasperating. There is much to know and even more to learn, and the pace of the information coming at you can be overwhelming.
That’s where Mount Bonnell Advisors come in.
Would you like to live your very own American Dream? At Mount Bonnell, we can guide you through the labyrinth of regulation and red tape and out into the blue skies of a dream come true – the dream of living and working in America.
Whether it’s technical issues around tax or residency, or strategic ones involving business formation and growth, the experienced team at Mount Bonnell Advisors are here to help.
So make that dream a reality by booking a consultation today with Mount Bonnell Advisors. Let the adventure commence!